Future Foundations are looking for personal mentors for young people aged between 10 – 14 years old who will be participating in a structured creative program. The program is run by arts professionals over the course of 15 weeks between June and October 2014 in Dandenong.
What is involved?
The role of the personal mentor is to provide their mentee with support during the program so they can achieve their goal – to create a piece of art. They may need support in areas such as self-esteem, planning skills, communication skills, group dynamics and motivation.
The time commitment required is as follows:
- Two introductory half-day workshops: 26 April and 15 June from 10 am – 2 pm in the CBD. The dates are to be confirmed with mentors.
- Team building event: 31 May from 10am – 2 pm, location to be confirmed.
- Cultural Tour: 21 June, half-day event, times and routes to be confirmed.
- At least 20 hours of the creative workshops where the mentees will be working on their art / creative piece. These take place on Saturdays at Noble Park Primary School in Dandenong. During the workshops mentors will have the opportunity to connect to their mentees, provide help with the tasks they are working on, assist creative mentors with general organisation, as well as assist with pickup and dropoff of the participants.
- Fifteen one on one weekly 15 – 20 min Skype calls between 02 July and 15 October. This is chance to work through any challenges they may be facing and get them ready and motivated for the next workshop.
- A one day public event at Federation Square in September, where the mentees present their art piece.
- Two post production 2 hour meetings on art monetization.
If you are interested, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
For more information on last year’s program, please visit the Part program page of our website.
Read a testimonial from Elena, a personal mentor from last year’s program here.